The incumbent is member of our IES (Integrated Educational Service) Department to provide English language teaching for students with English as additional language and help them prepare for the IELTS exams. S/he is also a mentor to provide pastoral care for students to adapt and enhance their learning experience in NOIC.
- Develop and deliver engaging and effective IELTS preparation courses to students.
- Prepare lesson plans, instructional materials and assessments aligning with IELTS testing criteria.
Communication with Parents
- Establish and maintain open communication with parents to keep them informed of students’ conditions, including their academic performance, concerns, and goals for improvement.
- Collaborate with parents to cultivate a supportive learning environment for students.
- Assist in career counseling to help students in explore and understand various university options based on their academic interests, career goals, and preferences.
- Assist in providing guidance on the university application process including preparation, application, writing personal statements, preparing for interviews, etc.
- Offer academic and emotional support to students to foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Identify and address individual student needs, providing personalized guidance to help them overcome challenges and achieve their academic goals.
Academic & Experience Requirements
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or above with major in English Language Acquisition
- Experience in working with EAL/ESL students
- Not less than two years of experience in teaching English
Knowledge & Competency Requirements
- Bilingual language (English & Mandarin)
- Proficiency with a variety of office technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with students
- Effectively partner with school leadership